Thursday 28 March 2013

Still not online properly!!!!

What did we do prior to the internet and emails?

Well, I wouldn't be accessing friends blogs across the globe that's for starters. Indeed we wouldn't be friends at all!  Strange to think that this world has become so incredibly small. With the advent of fast air travel, the size had decreased, but not incredibly.  Now I can chat live time, to friends in New Zealand - quite literally the opposite side of the globe from me.

We have now got the opportunity to learn about other cultures in our own homes.  The knowledge at our finger tips is phenomenal.  Ignorance is no excuse anymore.  When I begin my degree, I won't have to spend hours in the library researching, I can turn on the PC, and log onto what ever provider I chose, and read. 

However, when it doesn't work what do we do?

We get angry, frustrated, lonely, and we grieve!

What on earth is wrong with us?   We expect this 'animal' to be continuous, 100% all ours and with no gliches what so ever.

Right now, with a new pc, I can not get access to my emails from two accounts.  I've got emails there that I need access to. The frustrating part for me?  My partner is an IT engineer and can sort it out with a flick of the mouse.  Why hasn't he done this?  He will say he was looking after the kids... whilst sat on his laptop watching You Tube? LOL

So the reality is, I rely upon the internet animal 100% of the time.  Right now it's 2300 and any normal person would be in bed, chilling out, trying to calm down from a busy day and getting refreshed for another.  Now I have this animal that will work with me 24/7, I expect myself to be able to do so.  I can't, something has to give - and with me it's my body that's telling a tale.

So I'll sign off, do a bit of sewing of the latest newborn quilt and off to beddy boes for me. 

Night all

J x

No comments:

Post a Comment