Sunday 30 September 2012

The End is Nigh...

The challenge ends tomorrow, at midnight on the Western most reach of the world.

Which is approx 11 hours behind the GMT, I will confirm this first before I close all entries, but I am fairly certain this is the case.


I have finished my erm item.  It was put together under stressful circumstances, and was a huge rush job as other things have take top priority... Babies quilts for Xmas, making a skirt from a huge pair of linen trousers!... I mean huge! (why I thought they would fit me god only knows)

Paper printing for the price tags ready for the Craft sale on the 13th, getting in the equipment ready to make paper with my daughter and step daughter - I really can not wait for this one! It is difficult to separate the adult and child sometimes.

To make life even more unbearable, my beloved Silver Viscount 20HD is still in the 'repairs' and until yesterday I was left hanging around waiting to find out whether the cost of repair would still have to be forfeited by myself (on a two week old machine?), or if it could come under the warranty...
You will never ever guess what caused the problem, and it was a big problem. Due to it being stuck in the bobbin race, the needle shaft was bent, several internal bits were bent and bruised, so say it was a battle to get her repaired... they did and on Friday I got the good news that she would be home most likely on Monday.  Oh yes the offending item...?
A piece of cotton thread!   Can you believe it? a piece of cotton thread like any other had caused a professional machine to go totally belly up!   and yes it came under warranty... so I can look forward to £29 in my bank some time whenever... (after the banks have stored it in their off shore accounts accruing millions of interest on other peoples money before they allow it to go into the real owner's account)

Anyway!..... 

I will give you a peek at what I did... remember I like liberated quilting, formality isn't necessarily the best way for ward, fluid thoughts produce fluid outcomes and that is what came from me....  I could only use the things I had to hand, I used what ever I could get my grubby hands on too ;-)

What Have I Done?

Look carefully at the numbers

You will see 4 clear quarters....

This one shows summer going into spring....

Number ten..... 

 There you have it,  My item, I have used a clock face and have basically made it my own.
Time doesn't flow as you'd expect and the seasons aren't all they should be either, But that is the beauty of falling back in time!  Things won't be as they should because time space continuum has been compromised thus leaving a wobbly whirly world... 
That is my take...

What is yours?  Oh and if you have any comments re my creation, please leave them, though abusive ones will be removed  so don't do it ! 
Be nice, smile and hug those that need it x
J x

No comments:

Post a Comment